Saturday, June 2, 2012

E3 2012's "Dishonored" Debut Gameplay Trailer

Can you smell it? E3 season is here! Trailers are leaking everywhere and there is even more to come once E3 rolls around next week, June 5 to 7.

While I was perusing through new video game content on Youtube, I came upon this gem. A Bethesda game titled, Dishonored. It takes place in a neo-Victorian time period, and heavily embedded with a steampunk style. It was not just the time period and choice of stealth gaming style that drew me in, but the zombies, violent rats and alien machinery? In these terms, I'll let "alien" mean "strange." Bethesda has it scheduled for debut in October of this year.

You play Corvo Atano, an ex- bodyguard for the Empress who was framed for her assassination. Lucky for you, Corvo possesses vast supernatural powers. The game is in open-world format, so wandering and exploring is a must. Such locations include the Isles, Pandyssian Continent, and the city of Dunwall. Weapons range from swords, daggers, guns (pistols and muskets, though). Corvo can also freeze time, possess animals,  summon plague animals (like the rats in the gameplay trailer), and teleport. There is another supernatural being that exists in the world, known as part-angel, part-devil and is the creator of all magic. This is the being who offered Corvo vengeance in prison, thus his magical powers were born.

The oddities in this game and the originality in its narrative make me intrigued. I can say, I want to play this game. It caters to my supernatural taste in video games and sounds like a game I could spend hours playing. The Darkness, being my favorite game series, lacks one thing: length. Maybe I will enjoy this game as much as The Darkness, only it will allow me Skyrim-length hours of gameplay. What a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment