Friday, June 15, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph Will Be My New Favorite Pixar Movie


I've got one word for you: Zangief. Not only is Zangief my favorite character from Street Fighter, but he and many other video game characters come to life in this new pixar film, Wreck-It Ralph, due out in theaters this November. Other characters include Dr. Robotnik, Bowser, Pac Man Ghost, A Zombie (who looks remarkably similar to the zombies from House of the Dead), Neff from Altered Beast, and so many more! If you are a gamer, like me, and have been gaming for years, I guarantee this movie has slipped in more than a few video game innuendos. I just cannot believe they got the rights to use the characters; it is surprising but thrilling, because now I get to see Dr. Robotnik in a Villain Support group, like a person, rather than an evil man wanting to take over everything, no longer seen as a 2D (in most cases) graphic I needed to destroy.

Wreck-It Ralph is a villain who participates in the Villain Support Group and decides one day that he has had enough. While jumping video game worlds, he accidentally releases a digital villain who has nastier plans than any of them. While meeting very familiar characters along the way, Ralph must defeat the villain and come to an awareness of his own villain-life. Be sure to go to Fix It Felix Jr to play the arcade game from the movie. Like Toy Story did with kids' toys, Wreck-It Ralph will be sure to warm the hearts of gamers everywhere.

I bet I will be able to find more gaming innuendos than you!

No comments:

Post a Comment