Sunday, May 20, 2012

Beyond Good and Evil 2 Screenshots Released!

Before I post the teaser trailer for Beyond Good and Evil 2, I want to talk about the first game.

I know it is a little cartoony, and I wasn't all too sure about it when I started playing, but soon I took a liking to it as I had with other cartoon games like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, games you just want to keep playing.   Hands down, the story is good, the action is a little lacking but still keeps me going. And the fact that you get to use a camera to take pictures and earn money is even better, for all those photography lovers out there. I took so much of a liking to the characters that when something happens to one of them, I feel even more determined to get them back. This game created an emotional connection with me, one I usually make while reading engaging books or watching good movies. You become a part of the story and forget all about the rest of the world. Here is the teaser trailer for Beyond Good and Evil 2, granted this video was uploaded in 2008, which goes to show just how LONG they have been putting this game together.

I like the redesign of the characters. For those who played the first game, this is a huge step already for the graphics, and it has such a different feel to it. I am excited to actually get to play this game, and have installed the first one back on my Steam to finish it. Below is an official gameplay trailer uploaded by Destructoid which was sent by Ubisoft (so it's official, not fan-made!).

Can I just say, how cool is this? This game already has a completely different feel than the other one and it is too early to say whether that is good or bad, although I am strongly hoping it is a good thing. The cartoon aspect, as we can see, is gone. BGE has graduated to finer graphics along with the rest of today's video games, which already enhances the action and characters. The game has no official release date yet as the creator, Michel Ancel, has been working on Rayman, but with these bits of information coming out, we all hope it won't be too long before we can get our hands on this game. I leave you with some official screenshots uploaded May 19, 2012.





No comments:

Post a Comment