Sunday, October 7, 2012

Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 Worth Everyone's Time


Okay, I know it has been a WHILE. I definitely caught the plague going around my university, but I'm back and with much to tell about the two games I had the pleasure of drowning myself in amidst the pool of mucus and a sea of tissues. 

Since playing the first Borderlands game a long time ago, I couldn't feel anything gripping or memorable. I hadn't been as in to it as others were. Upon setting up the second Borderlands on my laptop, I was immediately pulled in to the story. Honestly, Handsome Jack (the main antagonist) really just pisses me off and I wanted to off him as soon as possible, and I held on to this drive to get through the game. Aside from that, the graphics were well-developed and the Phys-X engine did its job in creating an ease in play and sharper details. I could play Borderlands 2 for years with as many side quests that are offered throughout the game. But for this time around, I stuck to the main objectives just so I could properly review the game for Metal Arcade. 

I love the selection of guns. There's nothing I love more in a video game than testing out new weapons with each level up. Take a look at this actual gun in Borderlands 2. I can't wait until I stumble upon this bad boy. 





When I found out this was a real gun in Borderlands 2, I nearly lost it. Props to them for their sense of humor. It's a pretty badass gun with a hell of an annoying set of sound effects. Haha, very funny...

Overall, I haven't gotten sick of the game yet. It keeps me busy when I'm not busy with school, and the co-op is even more entertaining. I'm more of a single-player, but that's just me.

I pre-purchased Torchlight II and I am still trying to figure out if it is THAT much better than the first Torchlight. It got a lot of crap for being repetitive in a not-so-open world. I have to admit, Torchlight II has a lot more area available for exploration and it makes finding quests that much more entertaining. I find myself thinking Torchlight II is just as fun as the first one, especially now that you can play online or with friends. I have to say I am glad I chose to purchase this rather than Diablo III.

No comments:

Post a Comment