Sunday, July 15, 2012

Debut Clip From New Silent Hill: Revelations 3D


It is hard to tell what kind of film we are dealing with from this all-too-familiar clip from the upcoming Silent Hill: Revelations. We get it, nurses are scary and the first movie couldn't have driven that notion any harder. This may be my out-of-practice speaking, but I thought nurses only went quiet in the dark and that light attracted them just as much as noise? I distinctly remember having to turn my flashlight off while approaching a room and moving around in the dark (and hoping not to bump into anything) so that the "frozen" nurses in the room wouldn't be attracted. But maybe the fact the lights are flickering indicates "dim" quality of lighting and therefore is not strong enough to fully attract the nurses...

BAH! I say the room should be dark, like in the video games, and let's make life a little more difficult for the characters. Let them sit in darkness and the audience hang at the edge of their seats on every sound in the room and whether or not a nurse is approaching. Let everyone feel the tension that the video game emitted.

Well, this film is already ranking low for me as I have not seen anything too enticing. Nurses; it's been done in the first movie. Give me something that really makes me want to see the movie besides how the Silent Hill name can be more ridiculed.

No comments:

Post a Comment