Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Word On The Street: Diablo III Failed Miserably


Okay so I've been sniffing around the internet lately and I have come across a TON of articles, blogs and comments negatively speaking about Diablo III. Boy, am I glad I didn't spend $60 and go broke for that. So, what's going on? Check out some of the Facebook comments under their status stating they released the patch.


Well Folks, the tribe has spoken. And this is just Facebook under Diablo's official page. On top of this, there are various blog posts and websites stating some of the same upsets. Yes, some people are being asinine or senseless and complaining about way too much, but these are the consumers. They put out the cash for the games. They affect the outcome of Blizzard's success. If they are unhappy, their unhappiness will spread among other fans before the upset with Blizzard becomes the central emotion in relation to the company. So when someone sees a Diablo 4 (if attempted), it won't have as many buyers. Or, if I dare say, any product by Blizzard in the future. Despite the reasons, unhappiness is unhappiness and from the looks of it right now, unhappiness is taking over.

I think Blizzard could've done better. It's not about being a hater or anything like that, but about the fact that Blizzard's audience had high expectations for Diablo III and those expectations were not met. The server problems experienced during the Free Play weekend and opening day were sort of expected, but it seems the problems persist. I would be mad if I spent all that money on a game and was dissatisfied extremely. Especially college students, who barely have any money!

I wonder how Blizzard plans to respond to all of the negative comments, or if they will respond at all? I hope they respond. Check out this article I just found today: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Player-Count-Dives-By-65-According-Gametrics-44420.html#.T_xfe_61FCo.facebook

Looking at this data, Blizzard isn't looking too swell. Too bad I'm too wrapped up in World of Warcraft to boycott them.

All we can do is wait; wait and see what Blizzard will do and wait for another mind-blowing game, maybe like Torchlight 2 or some of the favorites announced at E3.

No comments:

Post a Comment